Disclaimer: I am not claiming I have read all these books cover to cover.
Interested in learning Islamic finance? Hearing all the buzz about Islamic finance, Islamic banking, Sukuk, and ethical investment but don't know where to start? Worry not just follow me from here.
Islamic finance is one of the fastest-growing fields in finance, with an estimated global market size of US$2.3 trillion in 2017 and projected to reach US$3.8 trillion by 2020, according to a report by Thomson Reuters and Dinar Standard.
Learn about Islamic finance before you take the plunge. Islamic finance is not only about avoiding interest, but about investing in an ethical way that also yields financial benefits.
In an effort to create more awareness about Islamic finance and help those interested in learning more about it, I have compiled a list of resources that provides an overview of what it is, how it works, and start your journey to learn about it.
This is your practical guide to learning Islamic finance. Before buying any Islamic finance course, I will suggest you go through these books first. These Islamic finance books will help you to get the theoretical foundation as well as the practical perspective of Islamic finance and banking.
What is Islamic Finance?
Islamic finance is conducting all the financial activities such as banking, investing, transactions, stock market, insurance, and any other complementary activities related to financial transactions based on the guidance provided by sources of Islamic law which are Qur'an, Sunnah, Ijma, Ijtihad, and Qiyas.
I hope these books will help you to get enlightened about the world of Islamic finance.
- Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence by Mohammad Hashim Kamali
- An Introduction to Islamic Finance by Muhammad Taqi Usmani
- Islamic Commercial Law by Muhammad Yusuf Saleem
- Islamic Financial System by ISRA
- Islamic Economics By ISRA
- Islamic Capital Markets A Comparative Approach by Obiyathulla Ismath Bacha and Abbas Mirakhor
- Financial Transactions in Islamic Jurisprudence (Two Volumes)- Dr. Wahbah Al-Zuhayli
- A Summary of Islamic Jurisprudence (Volume 2)- Dr. Salih Al-Fawzan
- Morality and Justice in Islamic Economics and Finance By Umar Chapra
- The Distinguished Jurist's Primer by Ibn Rushd
- Structuring Islamic Finance Transactions by Euromoney Books
- Bank Albilad Sharia Publications
- FAQ about Islamic Banking - Bahrain Islamic Bank
- Products and Services Fatwas- Bahrain Islamic Bank
- Islamic Bank Transactions- Bahrain Islamic Bank
- Shariah Resolutions by Bank Negara Malaysia
- Resolutions of the Shariah Advisory Council of the Securities Commission Malaysia
- AAOIFI Shariah Standards
- IFSB Standards
Happy Learning Islamic Finance
If you find this post helpful or interesting, please share it.
#islamicfinance #islamicbanking #sukuk #finance #banking